In the increasingly digital world, cybersecurity and data privacy are becoming primary concerns for businesses of all sizes. However, most business owners do not even know where to start to understand the cyber threats or how to begin the process of securing their sensitive data . Here is a quick checklist to get you started:
1. Where is your data stored?
2. What do your IT-related contracts and agreements require of you, and any other parties to that contract, in the event of unauthorized access into your system?
3. Do you have stand-alone cybersecurity insurance?
4. Have your employees and staff been trained on cybersecurity and data privacy best practices?
5. Are your vendors or third-party service providers following cybersecurity and data privacy best practices?
XPAN Law Group, LLC is an international cybersecurity and data privacy law firm. XPAN is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (“WBE”) and Women Owned Small Business (“WOSB”). For additional information and to learn how XPAN can help you, visit: www.xpanlawgroup.com.
Nothing contained in this article should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship or providing legal advice of any kind. If you have a legal issue regarding cybersecurity, domestic or international data privacy, or electronic discovery, you should consult a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.